At the very heart of Tango lies a simple truth: Tango is walking in an embrace. Every movement is made in the service of the embrace that gives Tango its unique feeling, energy and intimacy.
Drawing on 14 years‘ experience of international teaching, Melina Sedó and Detlef Engel explore and explain the groundwork which builds the walk, develops the embrace and facilitates musical interpretation. The social nature of the dance is emphasised in clear guidance on how to harmonise both with your partner and with other couples on the dance floor, and intelligent practice is encouraged by simple-to-follow exercises.
Whether you are a total beginner or an experienced dancer, Caminar Abrazados will accompany you on the fascinating road to making this beautiful dance your very own.
The world of the embrace awaits you!
In brief Caminar Abrazados offers:
- Clear, incremental, detailed instruction on the Tango basics of movement, connection and embrace.
- Effective guidance on how to understand and dance to Tango music.
- Essential information about dancing Tango socially.
- Helpful practical exercises for solo, partner and group practice.
- An accompanying (2,5 hour) DVD in which Melina, Detlef and colleagues illustrate the movements and concepts referred to in the text.
Read what others have to say about Caminar Abrazados: